A make-ahead starter is essential for easy entertaining. This Potted Trio of Scottish Salmon uses a lovely mix of poached, cold smoked and hot smoked Scottish salmon and is delicious with some crusty bread or oatcakes.
- 120g poached Scottish salmon, flaked
- 120g cold smoked Scottish salmon
- 120g hot smoked Scottish salmon, flaked
- 200g melted unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp chopped flat parsley
- 1 tsp chopped chervil
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- Masson sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the salmon, lemon juice and zest, dill, parsley, chervil and chili powder in a bowl and stir to combine the ingredients. Pour over ¾ of melted butter in the bowl and stir again.
- Taste and add seasoning if required, and another pinch of chilli powder if you're feeling brave!
- Divide the salmon mix between four ramekins or little cups, pat down gently to flatten the top. Pour the remaining butter over each salmon pot to seal. Chill for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge about 10 minutes before serving, to allow the butter to soften. Serve with hot toasted sour dough bread or oatcakes.
- Crusty bread or oatcakes