Eggs and Hollandaise sauce is a brunch classic so why not add a twist and rustle up Eggs Royale with smoked Scottish salmon tomorrow morning. Delicious and nutritious Scottish salmon is the perfect way to start your day!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 English muffins, halved
- A little butter, for spreading
- 8 slices smoked Scottish salmon
- Chopped chives
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Hollandaise sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g unsalted butter, diced
1. First make the Hollandaise sauce. Put the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk with a balloon whisk until light and frothy. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until the mixture thickens. Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thick - if it looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
2. To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each one for about four minutes then remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Lightly toast and butter the muffins then put a couple of slices of smoked Scottish salmon on each half. Top each with an egg, spoon over some Hollandaise sauce and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with a handful of rocket leaves.